ANEK LINES’ primary target is the constant protection of the health of its passengers and its employees. Responsibly and respectfully it continues its travels to Crete, in the Aegean and in the Adriatic Sea, taking all the necessary health care safety measures to avoid the spread of COVID-19. In direct cooperation with the competent authorities, the Company has developed structured procedures and has taken additional measures in its Ships and ANEK LINES Offices.
TICKETING MEASURES (ANEK LINES Offices)
• The passengers’ entrance in the ANEK LINES Offices is controlled, allowing only a specific number of persons to be inside the premises, according to the safety regulations.
• Special protective glass panels have been placed in all passenger service spots, as well as signs on the floor indicating the correct social distancing that must be maintained by passengers as they wait for the issue and reception of their tickets.
Travel forms that is necessary to fill in
Passengers traveling on Adriatic (Italy-Greece) and domestic routes
- The use of a protective face mask is mandatory.
Biosafety Trust Certification by RINA for safe traveling against COVID-19 spread
ANEK LINES, the leading shipping company, with responsibility towards the society and with respect to Public Health, successfully completed the inspection of its entire fleet and received the specialized “Biosafety Trust Certification” by RINA. The innovative management system certification, internationally recognized in the shipping industry, is based on the ISO’s systematic approach to management systems combined with scientific best practices against the spread of infections together with the principles of organizational behavior management (OBM) to effectively control and prevent contagion in a work context.
The certification of ANEK LINES confirms that every ship of the company is fully compliant with all the identified measures of the scheme against the spread of COVID-19. It is worth noting that ANEK LINES, in cooperation with the competent authorities, has also developed structured procedures and has taken additional measures regarding both its ships and its owned Agencies.
The Biosafety Trust Certification takes into account that the success of health safety management systems depends highly on the personal responsibility. Therefore, to comply with the strict hygiene rules, the system requires experienced staff to undergo ad hoc training courses for specific conditions and that each individual passenger is aware of and follows the recommended preventative measures. Read more…
CHECK-IN – PASSENGER BOARDING
• THE USE OF FACE MASKS IS MANDATORY INSIDE THE SHIP FOR ALL PASSENGERS
• Passengers must not travel if they have symptoms of COVID-19 infection (cough, rhinorrhea, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms) or if they have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient recently.
• Prompt arrival of passengers at the port of departure is recommended to facilitate the control procedures.
• When passengers come aboard, they must give their ticket and the filled special printed “Pre-Boarding” form to the ship’s Finance Officer.
• Our ships are equipped with thermometers that can be used if necessary.
• All people on board (passengers and crew) must use a cloth mask(1) or cloth to cover their nose and mouth during boarding and as long as they are present in the indoor areas of the ship.
• Our Company has adopted special marking and controlled entrance measures, whereas the presence of specially trained members of the crew at the entrance ensures a minimum distance of 1.5 m between passengers. Passengers that cannot use a cloth mask(1) due to respiratory disorders, must maintain a minimum distance of 2m.
• Antiseptic gel dispensers are placed at the entrance and in various parts of the ship (Reception, Restaurants, Café – Bars, Shops, WC, inner and outer areas of public use).
• Passengers must comply with the following preventative measures during their trip:
– Wear your mask (1) in all indoor areas of the ship. Make sure that the mouth and the nose are covered, do not touch the mask(1) after you wear it and immediately after use, discard the mask(1) in a wastebasket and wash your hands.
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue which will be discarded in a wastebasket immediately after use.
– Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub solution, avoiding touching the face (eyes, nose, mouth) with your hands.
DURING THE TRIP
• Gloves are not a substitute for washing your hands.• Gloves are not a substitute for washing your hands.
• Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m from those around you.
• Avoid areas of overcrowding
• Avoid contact with people that show signs of respiratory distress (cough, rhinorrhea, fever, sore throat).
• If you show signs of respiratory distress, you are obliged to inform the ship’s crew.
• If you show signs of respiratory distress after your trip, you are obliged to seek medical attention and inform your attending doctor about your trip.
MEASURES TAKEN DURING THE TRIP / USE OF AREAS OF PUBLIC USE
• Constant disinfection on an hourly basis by the crew of all areas and surfaces of the ship which come in frequent contact with the passengers. Cleaning/disinfection procedures are carried out according to the instructions of EODY and WHO.
• In all the possible areas of passenger overcrowding, like the Reception, bars, restaurants, sales points/shops, common toilets, special signs on the floor impose the maintenance of social distancing and avoidance of overcrowding. Also, special protective glass panels have been installed in all passenger service spots.
• Special marking signs in the areas of public use (Restaurants, Café – Bars, Lounges) inform the passengers about the allowed use of specific seats/tables.
• Foodstuff preparation and handling, as well as the cleaning and disinfection of all utensils and areas used in the food chain are carried out according to the demands of ISO 22000 (HACCP).
• The A La Carte Restaurant and Café – Bar menus have been replaced by contactless menus.
• Passenger cabins are cleaned according to a special protocol and they are aired with their door open for at least 3 hours, until their next use.
• All foreseen health care protocols concerning the ships’ bedlinen are followed: All items are washed at 80o C and ironed at 170o C. When washed, during the rinsing stage, a certified disinfectant–neutralizer is used. Transport carts are disinfected after every route and all trucks transporting bedlinen are disinfected on a daily basis.
• In all the ships of the Company the air conditioning system operates 24 hours a day, providing 100% fresh air to all the areas of the ship. No air is recycled or rerouted from cabins or other closed areas of the ship. The air conditioning systems are maintained and suitably disinfected using a special chemical solution in time intervals not greater than 20 days. In addition, frequent disinfection of all the air conditioning components is carried out by the certified contractor.
• Crew members urge the passengers to avoid areas of the ship where there may be overcrowding.
• Frequent audio announcements and projection of a TV spot on the ships’ TV screens (at the ship’s departure and during the trip) informing the passengers about the sanitation measures applied in the ship.
• Special cases at various spots of the areas of public use contain special bags for the rejection of used masks and gloves.
• When a ship is in a port without passengers, all its external doors are opened and remain open to create a natural ventilation of its interior.
• All printed matter has been removed from the cabins and areas of public use. However, if someone is interested, the corporate advertising brochures are available and can be obtained from the ship’s Reception.
• It is recommended to avoid the elevators. If an elevator must be taken, only 40% of its total capacity can be used. If escalators exist, the use of elevators is allowed only to persons with disabilities or elderly people.
CREWS – PROCEDURES MANAGEMENT
• Crew training to recognize probable cases of COVID-19. ANEK LINES, assisted by a specialized Medical Team, has trained all the crews of its ships so that they can recognize and manage probable cases of COVID-19.
• Management team for a probable case of COVID-19. In every ship, a team that will deal with a probable case has been set up (Task Force COVID-19), led by the Captain, and specially trained by a doctor. The training has been arranged by ANEK LINES. This specific team is responsible to manage any probable case of COVID-19 on the ship.
• The ships carry the necessary equipment, and a separate cabin has been foreseen, so that if an isolated case emerges, the ship’s crew, in cooperation with the competent authorities will take all the measures required to handle the patient and avoid possible spread of the virus.
REFUSAL OF BOARDING
On the basis of the above, if the trained crew members determine that:
i. A passenger shows signs of COVID-19 infection or
ii. Their “Pre-boarding” form answers indicate contact with a COVID-19 patient or
iii. The passenger refuses to use a mask(1) while on-board
will not be allowed to board and the existing provisions will apply on using the tickets at a later date, or canceling them.
In the cases (i) and (ii) the passenger will not be allowed to travel for 14 days and if the passenger is a COVID-19 patient, he must provide a medical certificate, that the criteria laid down by EODY, for the discontinuation of the measures for a COVID-19 patient, have been met.
Cooperating during these trying times is crucial.
Our Company has assigned the evaluation of the procedures and measures used to confront the biological dangers originating from COVID-19 to an internationally certified organization.
(1) Use of a surgical face mask is accepted, however not recommended instead of a cloth mask, ensuring that surgical masks will remain available for the use of medical staff. The mask with high breathing protection valve is not accepted for use by the general public.
WE TRAVEL RESPONSIBLY
ANEK LINES advises its passengers to faithfully follow the general measures of infection prevention according to the WHO and EODY instructions, which have been communicated to the media by a relevant Press Release and publicized through the Company’s website and social media channels.
As all mankind faces these unprecedented difficult and unstable conditions, our Company adjusted to the new contingencies and steadily continues its important transport work (even during the prohibition of passenger shipping), maintaining the connection of its ports–destinations in Greece and in the Adriatic Sea, ensuring the transport of permanent inhabitants and the provisioning of ports of call.
ΑΝΕΚ LINES remains faithful to its commitment for responsible activity towards its passengers for over 50 years, contributes to procedures against this unexpected global phenomenon, and in cooperation with the competent authorities, proves its social sensitivity as far as the public health care is concerned.
ANEK LINES: We travel responsibly!